Vancouver, Wash. – Clark County is accepting nominations for the 2022 Green Awards, an annual celebration and awards program recognizing leaders in environmental sustainability.
Clark County Public Health is seeking nominations for organizations and individuals who consider the environment in decision-making and practices. Self-nominations are encouraged.
Nominations are being accepted in the following categories:
- Green Business Award for a business with 25 or fewer employees
- Green Business Award for a business with more than 25 employees
- Green Business Award for a nonprofit or government organization
- Green Apple Award for an individual involved in school (public or private) sustainability initiatives, projects and programs
- Green Team Award for an outstanding student green team at a school (public or private)
Online nomination forms for business categories are available on the Clark County Green Business website. The nomination forms for school-related categories are available on the Clark County Green Schools website. Award descriptions and submission instructions are on the forms. The nomination deadline is Friday, Jan. 7.
The winners will be announced at the Green Awards event in 2022. Event details will be announced at a future date.
The 2021 Green Awards winners included C-TRAN, which reduced water use in their bus wash system, and Frito Lay Vancouver, which has a robust recycling program. Nancy Stoy received the Green Apple Award for tirelessly leading and empowering students at Lacamas Lake Elementary School.