Portland voters will consider two competing questions on short-term rentals. This November voters at the ballot box will weigh separate proposals dealing with corporate owners and significantly cutting the number of such rentals.
More than half of Black families reported being unable to access after school programs, according to a new report by Afterschool Alliance. Here’s why that matters.
- Testimony: School shooter drew swastikas, sought child porn
- Noted New Orleans social services group drops racist's name
- Civil rights law targets 'cancer alley' discrimination
- Rihanna to headline the next Super Bowl halftime show
- Prosecutor might seek sharecropper's posthumous exoneration
- Documentary explores history of asylum for Black patients
- Biden administration launches environmental justice office
- Nashville nickname evolves from lifestyle to brand
- Revolutionary Black portrait exhibition opens at University of Virginia
- Amended autopsy: Black man died due to sedative, restraint
Because literacy is still a civil rights issue. Here are 5 books by Black authors to add to your 2022 reading list.