The firearms restrictions approved by Oregon voters last year is due to start this week. Oregon's gun law is aimed at increasing firearm safety and reducing the potential for harm.
The American Federation of Teachers leader Fredick Ingram says we need activism and political pressure to ensure schools teach Black history.
- Facial recognition technology jailed a man for days
- Hazing lawsuit filed against University of Alabama fraternity
- Government should pay compensation for secretive Cold War-era testing, St. Louis victims say
- Walker Harris throws 5 TD passes, NC Central beats MVSU 45-3 to win Circle City Classic
- National Cathedral replaces windows honoring Confederacy
- Family suing Texas officials over suspension for hairstyle
- Black student was suspended for his hairstyle, prompting lawsuit
- Louisiana folklorist and Mississippi blues musician among 2023 National Heritage Fellows
- Video of Elijah McClain`s stop by police shown as officers on trial
- FBI is investigating alleged abuse in Baton Rouge police warehouse known as the `Brave Cave`
Hip-hop has historically been a powerful catalyst for the fight for liberation for the Black community. News Vision reporter Aya Furin-Campbell has the story.