Vancouver, Wash. – Clark County’s Master Composter Recycler program is offering a series of free composting webinars this fall. The seven webinars will highlight personal changes that can help protect the planet.
Here are the webinars offered this fall:
- Curbside Composting: Organics 101: 7 to 8:30 pm Wednesday, Oct. 6. Residents who live within city limits of Vancouver or Camas will learn what can and cannot go in their green yard debris carts.
- Backyard Composting: 7 to 8:30 pm Wednesday, Oct. 13. Learn how to construct a compost pile and heat it up.
- Worm Bin Composting: 7 to 8:30 pm Wednesday, Oct. 20. Learn how to construct and maintain a worm bin that will turn kitchen trimmings into nutrient-rich fertilizer. Participants will be eligible to receive a worm bin (supplies limited).
- Lasagna Garden Composting: 7 to 8:30 pm Wednesday, Oct. 27. Learn how to grow, build and plant a raised bed garden from free, easily obtainable urban waste. No tilling or turning required.
- Green Cleaning: 7 to 8:30 pm Wednesday, Nov. 3. Learn how to make three versatile and environmentally friendly household cleaners. Participants will be eligible to receive a green cleaning kit (supplies limited).
- Recycling Done Right: 7 to 8:30 pm Wednesday, Nov. 10. Become an expert recycler. Learn what items can go in blue recycling carts and what should stay out.
- Prevent Food Waste in the First Place: 7 to 8:30 Wednesday, Nov. 17. Learn tips for preventing and reducing food spoilage and waste.
Pre-registration is required for all webinars. To register, visit the Master Composter Recycler webpage. Participants will receive a confirmation email after successful registration. Recordings of previous webinars are also available on the Master Composter Recycler website.
The Master Composter Recycler program educates the community about easy ways to reduce waste, increase recycling and create healthier homes. For more information about the program, visit the website, call 564.397.7333 or email email@example.com.